2011/11/04

109. Memorial Tribute JACEK MACZYNSKI (1963-2011) 11/4

Jacek's art work

11/4/11


Jacek Maczynski

Every week at our openings at Ouchi Gallery, we looked forward to seeing him. Jacek Maczynski, an artist from Poland, sadly passed away on the twenty-first of October in his parents’ home. Up until that day he was still active online. He had posted something on Japan, for us, “Nihon,” our motherland. I realized how much he must have loved Japan. Of course, with time we are all fated to pass away. But for me, the fact that my life, too, will come to an end is something I am prone to forget.
That people die, this reality, I don’t believe it to be just a matter of time, how fast or slow. Rather, I believe the true value of life lies in how one spends that precious time: to what extent they allow themselves to be moved, and what they are able to leave behind. I believe Jacek brought much love to this home, “Ouchi,” a place where many people come and can feel moved, and our lives can have significance. It's from here I believe we must continue to endeavor with love.

Thank you for everything, Jacek.


Director Arisa i


his memorial tribute : 11/15 to 11/20/2011 at ouchi gallery

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿